Direct To Garment Printing (DTG) is one of the newest ways to print onto garments that has been developed in recent years and has changed the possibilities in garment decoration. The technology involved in this style of printing requires precision machining and industry standard equipment to ensure a quality long lasting print and is easiest understood by imagining an enormous desktop printer. There are no set up charges so it is cheaper to print short runs with no minimum order and no restrictions on artwork or numbers of colours.
The way that the eco friendly inks are injected directly onto the fabric creates a highly desirable soft hand finish and is excellent for accurately reproducing photos, illustrations and intricate and full colour designs printed onto a variety of garments. For best results DTG printing should be on 100% cotton or no more than a 80%-20% cotton to poloyester mix to ensure a truly durable print.
DTG Printing gives incredible results when done correctly and has excellent durability on the t-shirt, bag or whatever you choose. We use the highest standard regularly maintained equipment and top grade inks to ensure our direct to garment prints are of a consistently excellent standard that we are incredibly proud of. If you are interested in how DTG may work for your project please contact us for a sample.
Below are some useful guidelines for DTG Printing:
- Artwork resolution Ideally 300dpi or higher
- Maximum Standard Print Size 35 x 45cm
- Standard Chest Print Size 30cm wide
- Standard Left Chest Print Size 8cm – 10cm wide
- Maximum Oversize Print Dimensions 35 x 60cm
- Durable Prints Wash inside out < 30 degrees as with any printed garment. Line dry / machine dry on delicate setting. Do not tumble dry
- Fabric Type 100% Cotton or 80/20 Cotton/Polyester mix garments
- File extensions for artwork .ai .jpg psd .png .pdf
- Transparent Background Required unless it’s either black or white and matches the colour of the garment.